Child's Play Organic Lawns services South Bend, Elkhart, Granger and Mishawaka, Indiana. We also work in Southwest Michigan. We specialize in organic fertilizers and lawn care programs. Organic lawns are maintained using natural, non-toxic lawn products wherever possible. Organic lawncare emphasizes fertilization and proper maintenance techniques to minimize weeds, fungus, and insect damage. Natural, organic lawn care leads to a yard that is safe for kids and pets. Organic fertilizers help protect our environment and promote ecological sustainability.
12871 Industrial Park Drive, #16 • Granger, IN 46530 • 574.277.LAWN
Office hours: M-F 8-5, Weekends by appointment. Voice mail is checked routinely.
Please call ahead if you want to pick up products.
News and Information
- The goal of AllGreen Magazine and AllGreen.com is to introduce and promote green living, and bring it to the mainstream by providing in-depth news, how-to articles and informative features on home, business, technology, travel and products.
The EPA Sustainability Website
- Sustainable development marries two important themes: that environmental protection does not preclude economic development and that economic development must be ecologically viable now and in the long run. Common use of the term "sustainability" began with the 1987 publication of the World Commission on Environment and Development report, Our Common Future.
The National Resources Defense Council
- The Natural Resources Defense Council is one of the nation's most effective environmental action groups. Their mission is to safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends.
Environmental Health News
- Headlines and articles from around the globe about political issues, health issues, studies and many other pertinent topics relating to chemical use and exposure. An excellent one-stop source for a landslide of information!
- Co-op America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982. Our mission is to harness economic powerthe strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplaceto create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. Child's Play is a proud member of Co-op America.
- Beyond Pesticides provides the public with useful information on pesticides and alternatives to their use. With this information, people can and do protect themselves and the environment from the potential adverse public health and environmental effects associated with the use and misuse of pesticides.
Organic Consumers Association
- The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) is an online and grassroots non-profit public interest organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability. The OCA deals with crucial issues of food safety, industrial agriculture, genetic engineering, children's health, corporate accountability, Fair Trade, environmental sustainability and other key topics.
The Sierra Club
- The Sierra Club's members are more than 750,000 of your friends and neighbors. Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet. The Club is America's oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization.
- Biocontrol Network provides an information resource for persons interested in Integrated Pest Management, bio-intensive pest control and sustainable farming and gardening techniques.
CHE Toxicant and Disease Database Introduction
- A database you can search which displays the chemicals in question, the cancers/disease associated with exposure, and the strength of the evidence. Be sure to click on Database Home Page to perform the searches.
The Best Control
- An amazing list of pesticide information links.
PAN Pesticides Database
- The PAN Pesticides Database is your one-stop location for current toxicity and regulatory information for pesticides. This resource is a project of Pesticide Action Network North America.
Pesticide Free Zone
All Organic Links
- AllOrganicLinks.com is a not-for-profit web site created by Foerstel Design, a graphic design firm committed to the organic industry and it’s community. The sole purpose of AllOrganicLinks.com is to connect users with businesses that support organics and a healthier planet.
Sources of lawn care information:
- A public interest website focused on keeping a healthy lawn.
Green Methods Web Site
- Answers to your biological pest control and integrated pest management questions can be found here. Since August of 1992 we’ve been setting the standard and supplying solutions to people in horticulture, agriculture, and even to those who toil in the garden.
How Corn Gluten Meal Prevents Weeds
- Corn Gluten Meal is a natural substance that prevents seeds from germinating in the soil.
The Safer Pest Control Project...
- is dedicated to reducing the health risks and environmental impacts of pesticides and promoting safer alternatives in Illinois.
Healthy Lawns Working Group
- Canada has been on the leading edge of controlling dangerous pesticides in lawns for quite some time. This site is dedicated to informing and educating the Canadian public about responsible and safe lawn care.
USDA National Resources Conservation Service Soils Website
- Soils is part of the National Cooperative Soil Survey, an effort of Federal and State agencies, universities, and professional societies to deliver scientifically-based soil information.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting natural lawn care. A key feature of this site is weekly How-To video clips hosted by HGTV host Paul Tukey, the 2006 Gardening Communicator of the Year and author of The Organic Lawn Care Manual.
- Audubon's mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity.
Purdue University Agronomy
Penn State University-Home Lawn Maintenance
- Home lawns represent 70 percent of Pennsylvania's 2,000,000 acres of turfgrass. Lawns increase the property value of homes and stabilize soils... This page contains publications on lawn establishment, maintenance, pest management, and other problems.
University of Illinois Extension Lawn Challenge
Weed identification and control